Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Church - ugh.

Hailing from the Philippines going to mass was the most important thing. But in all honesty, I never really saw the point in going to mass. Some say it's an obligation. I say, it's a waste of my time. Why is that? I guess it's cause my parents always forced me to go to church. They pretty much forced me to do something i didn't want to do. And, we all know how well that turned out. [Hint of sarcasm.]

Going to mass for me is pointless. People may see it as something that we should do, but for me, I'll go when I want to or when I feel like it. I won't go cause I have to, I'll go when I want to. I'm not giving up on my religion or am I saying that going to mass sucks. I'm saying it's pointless and I have no reason to be there. That is what my personal opinion. Going to mass isn't as important to me as it is for some people. I should be given a choice on whether I want to go to mass or not. It's just not fair that my parents are forcing me to do something I don't want to do. If I want to go to mass then I'll go if I don't want to, then I won't. NOBODY SHOULD BE FORCED TO DO SOMETHING THAT THEY DON'T WANT TO DO.

Honestly, the more we force people to do something, the more they rebel. Just let people be. Is it honestly that hard?

0 comments: